Friday, August 3, 2012

Photoshooting in Mtuba

Well, basically it didn't go that well, we were looking for a roof rack and chatting too much and personally I don't like looking like a tourist especially in Mtuba. 3 photos...

Chinese store in Mtuba, yes we are that westernised!

Market

The doc-herbalist healer
The chinese store owners misspelt Mtuba! Its not MAtuba even if it sounds so sometimes. Unless matuba means sth else in zulu of course, does it? They either didn't ask anyone (no friends in Mtuba) and  couldn't read the roads signs either.  OR they have a really good sense of humour...! You never know until you ask...

Also, dunno if you can see it but the doc can give me my dignity back. Finally!!! It's never too late my friend :)

4 comments:

  1. LOL, firstly: Matuba has no meaning at all in zulu, so it might be an inside joke, just like wellcome;). Regarding the doctor, I think a lot of people would find number 16. (on the sheet, not sure if you can see it) very helpful. Oh yea and offcourse number 32. I mean who doesn't need that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, just got an anonymous tip from a good Samaritan, apparently Matubatuba means (creator of many opportunities), so Matuba means creator of opportunities (Wikipedia), so the Chinese did some Wiki research before naming the store...interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. what? I can't find any of these definitions online! I say we go and interview the chinese owners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need No. 4 does it work overseas?

    ReplyDelete